9 Mile Legacy Brewery (Saskatoon, SK)
VOCE on the bid on a major renovation to a historic building in the hart of Saskatoon’s Riversdale business district.
- 9 Mile Legacy Brewery will call this place their new home.
- This renovation allowed an 800% production increase to 9 Mile’s brewing capacity.
- In addition to a significant increase to their wholesale division, we added a tap room to allow the owners to capitalize on maximizing their retail component.
- VOCE was able to work with the owners in a very cost effective and transparent way that allowed them to make their tap room a reality.
- VOCE worked with ADA Architecture and various consultants throughout the construction of this project.
After undertaking a competitive tender process, we selected VOCE Developments to manage our construction project. We did so for a few reasons. First, they offered a construction strategy that staged the build around operational priorities that we identified. The result has been that we have been able to efficiently differentiate between “needs” and “wants”, communicate those needs to VOCE and execute the project largely on timeline. Second, VOCE committed to a transparent cost-plus arrangement such that significant upfront budgeting was presented and any unforeseen costs were disclosed and discussed with us (and strategies were agreed-upon) before being undertaken by the construction crew. For the large majority of budget line items, there have been no unmanageable surprises to date and we expect the overall project to come in under budget. Finally, it was clear to us that Duane and Joanne take great pride in the quality of their work. This has proven out in the high quality of work performed on our project and their passion for and attention to high quality customer service.
If you have the opportunity to work with VOCE on your project, we offer our wholehearted and unreserved recommendation.
Shawn Moen, CEO/Co-Founder
9 Mile Legacy Brewing